Over 80% of Residential break-ins happen through the front door.
Lock Pick and Bump Keys can easily be purchase online.
When a Bump Keys or Lock Pick is used there is little or NO signs of forced entry or damage to the lock.
This makes insurance companies very leery in paying for the claim. You could lose everything!
GET CONTROL BACK!
DON’T GET BUMPED! Your lock and key are your first line of defense! Ask us Today about patented Mul-T-Lock High Security Lock Cylinders and Keys, designed for pick and temper resistance.
Pick Resistant ● Drill Resistant ● Bump Resistant
What is Lock Bumping?
Lock bumping or the “999 Method” has long been familiar to certified locksmiths and high security companies around the world. Mainly used as a method for professional locksmiths to undo a misassembled cylinder on their workbench, rather than to gain entry, this technique has recently surfaced in the mainstream media as an infamous means for intruders to illegally gain access to homes, businesses, and institutions and has raised many concerns among the general public.
The truth is that although lock bumping has always posed a potential threat to consumers, the recent barrage of internet articles and demonstrations has introduced this technique to an entirely new population of existing and would-be criminals. With this in mind, the public must be made aware of the real threat that lock bumping poses to their protection. But there is good news: there are many steps that you as a consumer can take to prevent this from happening to you.
Coastal Locksmith®®’s Defense Against Bumping
The most effective way to increase your protection against lock manipulation techniques is to install a high security lock. We recommend Mul-T-Lock’s products. Mul-T-Lock, the global leader in high security locking, carries a wide array of products that offer bump-resistance as well as the best defense against picking, drilling, and unauthorized key duplication. Mul-T-Lock’s world-wide experience has exposed us to lock manipulation techniques from all around the globe, and we have used this knowledge to effectively arm our high security products with ample defense mechanisms such as:
• Stainless steel mushroom pins, which are tapered and shouldered to create “false” shear lines while picking or bumping is being attempted
• Split pins, which resist bumping attempts by ensuring that force applied only separates half the plug pin leaving the shear line obstructed
• Mul-T-Lock’s patented anti-picking pin set, which ensure that any time tension is applied, the top and bottom pins interlock to further deter attacks
• Mul-T-Lock’s patented, enhanced design anti-drill pins, which resist drilling
As skilled and experience locksmiths in Orange County CA, we have put together a small list of some tips we suggest our Orange County residential locksmith customers to follow this season to help reduce the risk of a break-in.
Tips from the Experts
In addition to installing a Mul-T-Lock high security lock to provide the ultimate protection against unauthorized entry attempts, Mul-T-Lock also offers the following safety tips that you can use to prevent your home or business from becoming a potential target. Knowing that you’ve taken every possible precaution to avoid un authorized entry and that you are protected by Mul-T-Lock’s unbeatable high security solution will improve your security and your peace of mind:
• Community Awareness – talk to your neighbors about organizing a neighborhood watch effort, or simply let them know when you will be out of town and ask them to keep an eye on your home while you’re away
• Clear Landscaping – keep the landscaping around your home as neat and revealing as possible. With less places for potential criminals to lurk, a wide open space will deter them from choosing your home or business as a potential target
• Well-Lit Exteriors – just as clearing away unnecessary trees and shrubbery deters criminals with the risk of getting caught, well-lit entrances and perimeters will discourage would-be intruders.
• Motion Sensors and Security Systems – added security measures such as motion sensors and alarm systems never hurt.
Contact Your Local Orange County Coastal Locksmith
If you would like to learn more about keeping your home safe, or you have questions regarding our products or services, give us a call today! If you are in need of emergency locksmith help in Orange County, or surrounding communities, contact us now and we will get to you in minutes, 7 days a week. We look forward to working with you soon!